Recipe for Black Eye Beans Curry
3 cups of Heera Black Eyed Beans, 2tbsp vegetable oil, 3 large onions (sliced), 2 large tomatoes (chopped), 2 tbsp heera garlic paste, 1 tbsp heera ginger paste, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste, 1 piece of ginger finely sliced, 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped for garnishing and salt to taste.
1. Soak the beans overnight and pressure cook. Be careful to to overcook the beans. Keep aside.
2. Grind 2 onions, the tomatoes, ginger paste, garlic paste, together into a smooth paste.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep thick-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
4. Add the remaining clided onion and fry till light golden. Add the onion-tomato paste and fry till the oil begins to separate from the paste. Add the tamarind paste and mix well.
5. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powders in the same pan. Fry for about 5 minutes.
6. Add the boiled black eyed beans to the mixture and mix well.
7. Add salt to taste and water to make gravy (about 1 1/2 cups).
8. Simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes.
9. Use a flat spoon to mash some of the beans coarsely, mix well.
10. Garnish with finely chopped ginger and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
11. Serve hot with roti, parathas or plain boiled rice.
Black Eye Beans
Net Weight: 500g