Moong Dall Chilka is split moong beans with the skin left on. These split moong beans are extremely easy to cook, need no soaking and are easy to digest. It is widely used for making soups, salads and rice dishes.
Moong Dall Chilka with Mustard Seed
1 Cup Moong Dall Chilka, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger, 3 tbsp pure butter ghee, 1/2 tsp brown mustard seed, 1 green chilli (seeded and minced), 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnishing, 2 tsp lemon juice, salt to taste, water as required.
1. Place lentils in a pot with a tight lid with 4 cups water, ginger, and turmeric powder. Bring to a full boil. Lower heat to medium low and add the salt.
2. Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes till the lentils are soft. Adjust water so the dal does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove from fire and set aside.
3. Heat the pure butter ghee over a high heat in a small frying pan. When very hot, carefully add the mustard seeds and fry until they start to splutter. Quickly add the red chilli powder. Then pour over the dal.
4. Stir in the lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with chapati, roti, or nan bread.
Moong Dall Chilka
Net Weight: 500g